Newcastleton, Scottish Borders
Newcastleton is an 18th Century planned village created by the 3rd Duke of Buccleuch. It is nestled in the picturesque Liddesdale Valley, only a few miles from the English border and only 40 minutes from the M6 motorway. It is ideally located for exploring the Scottish Borders, English Lake District, the Solway Coast, and the beautiful county of Northumberland. In addition, the cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow can be easily reached within 2 hours.
- Two small convenience stores, butchers, bakery/café and hardware shop, all within 5 minutes walking distance of the cottage.
- Various pubs, restaurants, and cafes within 5 minutes walking distance.
- Community fuel pump (unattended).
- Bank of Scotland (part-time).
- Post Office located in the Spar.
- Health Centre within 5 minutes walking distance.
- Larger supermarkets available in Langholm (9 miles), Hawick (21miles) or Carlisle (25 miles).
Newcastleton village map
How to get to Newcastleton
By Air : 63 miles – Newcastle Airport, 80 miles – Edinburgh Airport, or 108 miles – Glasgow Airport.
By Train: 25 miles – Carlisle, 32 miles – Lockerbie, or 38 miles – Galashiels
By Road : Easy access from the M6, A1 and A7